Now, I wish I could tell you that I went full “James Bond” or had to sneak into Area 51 to discover the secret inner workings of Facebook’s algorithm. However, that is not the case. As disappointed as I am that I didn’t get to wear my spy watch or see aliens, I was amazed at how easy it was to discover some simple steps to increase video content performance.
So, if you’re looking to improve your video content approach, last week Facebook provided three new tips that are worth considering in your process. I have outlined them below, but check out the full article here when you get a chance.
- “Add a 3-5 second trailer to hold interest”
- “Frame the story – with a 4:5 aspect ratio”
- “Engage your community – commenting on posts”
As you try these tactical strategies above, keep these five tips for success in mind as well…
- Engaging: Videos that spark meaningful interactions and authentic shares
- Original: Videos that are original and authentic (not shared from a third party or clickbait)
- Relevant: Videos that capture people’s attention and are relevant to their interests
- Consistent: Videos that people seek out and return to regularly on a Page
- Retentive: Videos that are high-quality and 3+ minutes that drive longer views (1+ minute)
Reach out or schedule a call to learn more ways to increase your engagement on social media. I look forward to hearing from you!