Now, I know all of us have SOOO much free time between helping the kids with school, doing laundry, watching reruns of Gossip Girl, going grocery shopping, keeping up with social media and more. So, creating a blog or remembering to write a blog article are probably not at the top of our list. However, it probably has some MAJOR benefits. How so? Keep reading…
According to Oberlo, there are over 600 MILLION blogs on the internet and the average time is less than 4-minutes to write a one blog article. What you might not know, is that 60% of consumers say that blog posts are valuable in the early stages of the buying process. However, the MOST important stat is that businesses and brands that publish 16 or more posts per month receive 3.5 times more traffic than those who publish fewer than four posts a month. One more time for those of you in the back of the room…. 3.5 TIMES MORE TRAFFIC!
So, if you have 4-minutes or less of free time, would you consider writing a blog post? I hope so! You can clearly see the benefits above.
Well, if you decide to jump on the “blog train” and start blogging, the team at PR Newswire put together seven writing mistakes that can kill your blog. Check them out below to make sure you’re not committing one of them!
1. Lust: Wanting it all, way too soon.
2. Gluttony: Being excessive with your thirst for words.
3. Pride: Focusing too much on you, when there’s a lot more territory to cover.
4. Sloth: Being too slow to publish.
5. Envy: Trying too hard to be like someone else.
6. Greed: Caring more about personal gains than your audience.
7. Wrath: Wanting to win so bad, you get ruthless in your endeavors.
Check out the full article here when you get a chance. There is a lot of great information!
Reach to out to brainstorm more blog and content ideas or to review your current blog strategy. We look forward to hearing from you!