Recently, a new report from Twitter was released that lists 6 trends brands need to be ahead of in order to remain relevant to users in the years ahead.
The report aims to educate brands about evolving cultural trends and conversations because, as Twitter puts it, “culturally relevant brands perform the best.” Twitter’s research shows a +73% correlation between cultural relevance and brand revenue. Data in Twitter’s 33-page report comes from an analysis of billions of tweets over a 2-year period.
Twitter identified these as the 6 major trends brands need to stay ahead of:
- Wellbeing: Prioritizing self-care for ourselves and each other.
- Creator Culture: A new generation of everyday entrepreneurs – the creator class.
- Everyday Wonder: Staying curious and connected with the world around us.
- One Planet: Driving toward a sustainable future by holding each other to higher environmental standards.
- Tech Life: Widespread integration of tech is inspiring new dialogue about the nature of our relationships with it.
- My Identity: As concepts of identity continue to broaden, people are coming together around shared values to express their sense of self.
For complete details, you can download Twitter’s full report here.
To learn more about how to take this data and apply it to your own brand’s Twitter strategy, reach out to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you!
A form of this article first appeared on Search Engine Journal